Associate Radio Field Service Technician Job
Date: Jul 9, 2014
Location: Des Plaines, Illinois, United States
|Associate Radio Field Service Technician|
|Aeronautical Radio, Incorporated is looking for you to join our team in Des Plaines, Illinois, as an Associate Radio Field Service Technician to support our Aviation and Network Services Division. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in an environment where customer service is held in the highest regard.|
ARINC’s Radio Technology Solutions group, services the aeronautical industry's air/ground voice and data communications link for aeronautical operational control (AOC) messaging. Our service is backed by 45 years of ARINC experience of providing communications solutions to the aviation market.
Whether it is supporting radio systems, or our custom communication solutions, ARINC’s Field Service Technicians are at the forefront of ensuring the operational viability of these critical communication systems.
The Associate Radio Field Service Technician will:
- Install, maintain, test, adjust, and repair communication equipment such as radio and antenna systems.
- Utilize test equipment as required to perform proper installation or repair.
- Interact with customers in support of maintenance and installation activities.
**This position requires the candidate be on-call after hours, on weekends and holidays. Travel may be required.**
Local candidates preferred.
Think beyond year one for a moment. At Rockwell Collins ARINC, we seek to provide you with opportunities for growth, variety in your work, and earning potential. We also offer a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, paid time off, a company funded pension plan and 401(k) and Roth 401(k) retirement plan. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
|To be considered for this position you must have completed a technical electronics or radio maintenance course.|
Other qualifications include:
- Ability to become proficient in fault isolation, restoration and adjustment of company communications equipment.
- Ability to replace LRUs and do simple electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Able to perform testing using test equipment
- Ability to analyze system failures and identify and restore equipment malfunctions
This position will require a criminal history check. The background check includes the ability to meet certain eligibility requirements, one of which is having either U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status. Finally, you must have resided within the United States for 3 consecutive years of the last 5 years.
- Must be able to lift and carry fifty pounds and climb towers and stepped poles up to fifty feet in height.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completed a course in practical electronics at a recognized technical school or college.
- AM radio maintenance experience is a plus.
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operator's License (GROL).
- Practical work in the electronics field from the military or commercial sector preferred.
|0 - 25|
|EOE Statement||Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.|
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Aviation